Actors, singers and dancers will bring life to the stage at Rockville’s F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre in the coming weeks.
Rockville Regional Youth Orchestra's annual spring concert will be May 27 at 7:30 p.m. The show will be free.
On May 31 at 8 p.m., the Washington Balalaika Society will perform the music of Russia, Ukraine and Eastern Europe on traditional Russian folk instruments. Advance tickets are $20 for adults, $18 for seniors and $15 for students. Day-of tickets are $25 for all ages.
The Victorian Lyric Opera Company will present the comic opera "The Pirates of Penzance," featuring the much-parodied "Major General's Song", from June 12-22. Preview night is June 12 at 8 p.m. and tickets are $12.
Additional "Pirates" show times are Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m.and Sundays at 2 p.m. A family-friendly matinee is Saturday, June 21 at 2 p.m.Tickets are $16-$24.
- Puppet Co. presents classic tale “Beauty and the Beast”
- Widower fails at controlling daughters in ‘Hobson’s Choice” at Quotidian
- Adventure Theatre’s “Alexander and the…Very Bad Day” boasts script by original author
- Imagination Stage puts Bollywood twist on Twain's tale of switched roles
- A poignant "Steel Magnolias" comes to Kensington