Actors, singers and dancers will bring life to the stage at Rockville’s F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre in the coming weeks.
Rockville Regional Youth Orchestra's annual spring concert will be May 27 at 7:30 p.m. The show will be free.
On May 31 at 8 p.m., the Washington Balalaika Society will perform the music of Russia, Ukraine and Eastern Europe on traditional Russian folk instruments. Advance tickets are $20 for adults, $18 for seniors and $15 for students. Day-of tickets are $25 for all ages.
The Victorian Lyric Opera Company will present the comic opera "The Pirates of Penzance," featuring the much-parodied "Major General's Song", from June 12-22. Preview night is June 12 at 8 p.m. and tickets are $12.
Additional "Pirates" show times are Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m.and Sundays at 2 p.m. A family-friendly matinee is Saturday, June 21 at 2 p.m.Tickets are $16-$24.
- Center Stage: Montgomery College mines comic gold in “Bat Boy”
- Center Stage: Olney Theatre shines with new "Diary of Anne Frank"
- Local artists gather for 46th annual Glen Echo Art Show at Spanish Ballroom
- Bethesda 'Laugh Riot' Ensues Featuring Celebrity Comedians
- Center Stage: Superb and tension-filled 'Hamlet' explodes in Olney