Actors, singers and dancers will bring life to the stage at Rockville’s F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre in the coming weeks.
Rockville Regional Youth Orchestra's annual spring concert will be May 27 at 7:30 p.m. The show will be free.
On May 31 at 8 p.m., the Washington Balalaika Society will perform the music of Russia, Ukraine and Eastern Europe on traditional Russian folk instruments. Advance tickets are $20 for adults, $18 for seniors and $15 for students. Day-of tickets are $25 for all ages.
The Victorian Lyric Opera Company will present the comic opera "The Pirates of Penzance," featuring the much-parodied "Major General's Song", from June 12-22. Preview night is June 12 at 8 p.m. and tickets are $12.
Additional "Pirates" show times are Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m.and Sundays at 2 p.m. A family-friendly matinee is Saturday, June 21 at 2 p.m.Tickets are $16-$24.
- “The Best Christmas Pageant Ever” is now part of the Silver Spring Stage
- The One Man Christmas Carol shines in Olney
- Going for the classics - in play and staged reading - at Lumina
- Renowned pianist Andre Watts to perform with Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
- A snow day turns special when "Frosty the Snow Man" comes to life at Adventure Theatre